If you have an out of hours emergency, for example heating breakdown (during winter months), roof damage, or another problem that requires an immediate solution (but not a downed TV aerial!), then please follow these three steps.
- Ring the emergency out of hours contact number which can be found on page 32 of the Tenants Handbook or alternatively call your local estate manager whose contact number can be found on the same page.
- If the problem is an emergency that can’t wait until working hours and you have made all reasonable attempts to contact the National Trust then, in line with the National Trust Housing Policy, you can call in an appropriately qualified / accredited local tradesperson to undertake sufficient work to secure the property until the National Trust can be contacted and are able to effect a permanent repair. The cost of this can be recharged to the National Trust. Please Note: this cost will only be refunded if the problem is a genuine emergency that risked the health and/or safety of the property or it’s inhabitants and it can be demonstrated that every effort was made to contact the National Trust before any further action was taken
- If all else fails, please go to our Contact page for further help or please ring TANT’s helpline: 0845 463 3563 anytime, any day and we will do what we can to assist.
- Ceiling / Roof Leak
- Heating is not working (Winter Period)
- Gas Leak
- Burst water pipe
- Storm damage that affects the security or structure of the property
- Medium Risk
- Storm damage that does not affect the security or structure of the property
- Hot water is not working
- Dripping Tap
- Heating is not working (Summer Period)
- Blockage in Sanitary Ware
- Abandoned vehicles
- Dog fouling
- Fly-tipping / litter